Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Babies

This morning, I reflected on my son's birthday being tomorrow.  I remembered, as a first time mom, how surprised I was when my water broke.  I was glad it did, because I KNEW that was labor starting.  Hadn't had any contractions prior to that, so I was a bit surprised.  I remembered how sweet it was to hold him for the first time.  How small and fragile he seemed.
Then, today the tiniest little baby girl came in with her mom, dad and grandmother for her newborn session.  I fell in love, of course.  She was all sleepy and squirmy - those little ones don't seem to stop moving.  That is, till they are sound asleep.  Then you can pose them any way you like.
Was wonderful to hold and snuggle with a newborn again.  That was just what I needed.  Sometimes in life, the timing is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment