Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene is here

I woke up this morning to the sound of driving winds and falling debris.  As I walked through the house and realized we still had power, I was so thankful.  I know that so many of our friends do not have that luxury today.  Wayne and I have been through many hurricanes together, and know what it is like to be with out what we consider the necessities of life.  When faced with an event like this, we realized that what is necessary is the people in our lives.  I say a little prayer.
I am thinking about the people that have to function during this event and pray for them.  Law enforcement doesn't stop.  Doctors and nurses and hospital staff still have to go to work.  So many others don't have the ablility to stay inside their homes and wait for Irene to pass by.
When the hurricane is gone, we will all start the clean up and assess damages.  Let's don't forget to be thankful, and be helpful to one another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment